BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shark, RAD Child, has Poison Ivy

A few days ago, Shark came to me complaining about her leg itching. I put some cream on it and sent her on her way. The next day, the "itch" had spread. Later in the day, the nurse that helps with Octopus, told me that it was Poison Ivy.

Therefore, we started treating it keeping in mind that Shark may intentionally make this spread to get attention. I tried not making an issue about it by letting her put the cream on the rash. The nurse told her that if it spread a lot she would have to go to the doctor and get "very painful shots with a long needle".

Well, 3 days later, it is spreading!! I am making sure she is putting the cream on it but I honestly KNOW that she is spreading this on purpose. Grrr! I just don't know how to handle this. It amazes me that she wants to be itching and in pain just to get attention. I don't know what else to do!?! It hurts me to see her hurting. Tonight, she was crying when I told her to just sit on her bed with her shirt off until the cream dried. I know crying is part of her ploy, but it is hard to walk away from a 9 year old who is hurting not just because of a rash but because of all the pain INSIDE her.

Going to bed praying that the Poison Ivy dries up soon before Shark thinks of 'sharing' it with her sibling or even me !!

0 comments: